Pete Malkin is a London Based Sound Designer for Theatre and Film. He trained at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and has moved on to working as a Freelance Sound Designer.
Pete is passionate about designing sound within Theatre, Film and Live Performance and is dedicated to bringing the highest quality of work to every project. Working in creative and collaborative ways closely with Directors and companies.
Sound work includes, Pity (Royal Court), Queens of the Coal Age (Manchester Royal Exchange), Schism (Park Theatre), The Kid Stays in the Picture (Complicité/Royal Court), The Tempest (Donmar Warehouse/St Ann's Warehouse), Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (West End), Beware of Pity (Complicité), The Encounter (Complicité), Frogman (Curious Directive), Treasure, Home Chat (Finborough), Unearthed (Folio Theatre), Am I Dead Yet (Unlimited Theatre), Dusk (Fevered Sleep), The Forbidden Zone (Katie Mitchell/Leo Warner, Salzburg Festival), War Correspondents (Helen Chadwick/Steven Hoggett, UK Tour), The Commission/Café Kafka (Aldeburgh, Linbury Studio, Opera North), 1984 (Headlong), SUN (National Art Service), The Magic Flute (ENO/Complicité), The Noise (Unlimited Theatre), Farragut North (Southwark Playhouse), Space Junk (Lyric/Gameshow), Lionboy (Complicité), Hamlet (RSC), Rock Pool (Inspector Sands), Die Zauberflöte (Simon Mcburney, DNO/Complicite), Marguerite (Tabard Theatre), Night Train (Katie Mitchell, Cologne), Opening Ceremony London 2012 Olympics (LOCOG, Assistant Soundscape Designer), The Master and Margarita (Additional Sound design, Complicite), Littlefoot (Mproductions), Macbeth (Linbury space, LAMDA), I dreamt about a Bomb (RSC Studio Workshop), Little Women (MProductions/Trestle), Sold – Devised (CSSD/Quiconque), Divine Words (CSSD), The Good Actor (Lightwork), King Lear (CSSD), Tick Tick Boom! (Mproductions/Trestle).
- 2017 Special Tony award for Sound Design with Gareth Fry, for Complicité and Simon McBurney's "The Encounter"
- 2017 Drama Desk Outstanding Sound Design in a Play with Gareth Fry, for Complicité and Simon McBurney's "The Encounter"
-2017 Helpmann Award for Best Sound Design with Gareth Fry, for Complicité and Simon McBurney's "The Encounter"
- 2016 Evening Standard Award for Best Design with Gareth Fry, for Complicité and Simon McBurney's "The Encounter"
- 2017 Broadway World UK, Best Sound Design of a New Production of a Play or Musical nomination - for The Kid Stays in the Picture at the Royal Court
- 2017 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Sound Design with Gareth Fry, for Complicité and Simon McBurney's "The Encounter"
- 2016 Off West End award nomination for Home Chat at the Finborough Theatre